Saturday, September 11, 2004

Friday Night Ministry Notes

A pretty good night all and all...

Again, we were out preaching in the marketplace last night. We stayed preached for 3 hours and actually had a measure of favour with quite a number of people! (A real nice change from the normal)

Spoke to a young man who worked at a restaurant near where I was preaching. He asked me if "my church" had an evening service because he would like to attend (he worked days, so he couldn't make it to a morning service). I was pleased to invite him to our evening service tomorrow. He said he was born-again, but I don't know (a few things he told me about himself kind of has me doubting). Anyway, hope he comes. Hope the Lord will do something for this man.

Another great thing happened yesterday. On three separate occasions, people walked up to me to thank me for my preaching! You have no idea how good it made me feel to have these kind people give me a word of encouragement. People often think that I'm a tough character, used to taking mockery and scorn because of the way we preach, but nothing can be further from the truth. So receiving their kind words was fantastic.

That's it for now, hope all is well with you all, my dear readers,